Thursday, December 17, 2009

S is for Spider

Today's page has two spiders with the predictable number of legs. Since the legs are pipe-cleaners they are bendable and movable, but this page doesn't get much attention because of what is coming tomorrow.

100_1678

I stopped the other day and took pictures of our Homewood Guild display in the Irwin Center. Here's a close-up of one of the shelves.

100_1712

I picked this picture because it has two of my temari visible. You can see a more extensive post, with more pictures here: Homewood Guild This display is an annual activity for our guild, and people look forward to it, as they should, because it is really beautiful. I'm ashamed to say that I don't always participate, but this year these are my temari for the JTA level one that I did in Christmas colors.

1 comment:

MOM said...

This is about pot holders from yesterday. I like to make yet another kind: you start with a chain the length of the diagonal of the finished product (takes some estimating.) Then you procede to crochet (single or double) along BOTH sides of the chain. Keep on going round and round until the envelope that forms meets itself when folded diagonally. I usually use polyester (orlon?) which can be tossed in the washer and dryer. The trouble is they never wear out!