Friday, February 20, 2009

Finished classwork

I'm calling this Temari finished. It is supposed to have light red spider-web stitches in the centers of the blue stars, but I liked how it looked without them. I also took the final tacking stitches (you can see them in the central pentagons) in white instead of the light red. The dark red in the background is more than enough contrast for me.

100_0835

Our puppy is at the vet, and will be recuperating this weekend. I hope we can keep him quiet, but it is going to be an uphill battle. He has a lot of energy.

The plan is to have grand kids over this weekend too, but winter weather may interfere with those plans. Right now I can't tell if it is going to be a relaxing weekend, or not; I'll let you know.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home work

I finished the mystery Temari from my "Blue Stars" class. I think this Temari turned out very nice for not being sure what the pattern would look like before I started.

100_0832

I also finished my Birthday swap, but I won't post that picture until after Rob opens it in April. I got the final lesson for my class, so I can finish that Temari tonight, and then there is a challenge in that lesson as well; so I will start on that one. I have my temari marked for the c8 to c10 stitch-along. I have a couple of bases made, but I think they are too large for the "Thimble-ring" obi stitch-along; I will have to make a smaller base for that one. I also want to start looking at the 122 centers, which involves a lot of stitching; that one will take a while. And I have to trace the pattern for the temari globe so I can transfer the pattern on to my fabric.

I love not being bored!

My friend who sent me the √Ďanduti from Paraguay sent me a picture of her latest quilt, made with a couple of motifs. You can see it here. I think her quilt is very creative and beautiful.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Finished

This is my 92 face temari finished. I am very pleased by how it turned out. I ended up using a pink for the final petal color, and leaving the extra hexagons blank. It took 6 days of stitching to finish this one!

I really like how there is a little glint of gold in the center of each petal. The marking is not at all even, but it's close enough for me. I want to do this same pattern in the next step up, starting with 42 poles, and tripling those to 122. There will be more blank hexagons, so maybe I can stitch some leaves on that one.

100_0818

I'm almost done with my next swap Temari, but I ran out of white pearl cotton last night. I need a yard! After I finish that one, I can work on the 2 mystery balls that came in my lesson (words explaining the pattern, but no pictures or diagrams).

To do, after I finish those, our group ran across pictures of viruses on line. My first thought was "Temari Balls!" We are talking about working some of them up, and communicating with the authors of the site, to see if they are interested in a collaboration. It reminds me of the crocheted reef that was on display in Chicago last year.