Thursday, April 14, 2011

December, Poinsettia

Finally some stitching! This is my December choice, and I think it does look like a poinsettia. I could possibly squeeze in another round or two to make it a little more robust, but I am pleased with it.


I found the pattern in the Japanese book called Incredible Temari, or Shin Shu. This book also has the pattern I want to use for May, but I think I am going to have to work it out on a simple division before I stitch it here. It is designed for a s6, so I have to see if I can get it to work on a S10, before I try it here on my C10. DD1 was born in May, and we always had lilies of the valley in our yard, so I was really excited when I found this pattern.

I had a little extra time this morning as well, so I started making a mari. I didn't quite finish in the 20 minutes I had, but I got close. Making a mari used to be a much more daunting task, but practice does make a difference. I think I need a little bit bigger mari for the swirl I am contemplating, though.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No Stitching to Share!

The last couple of days have been crazy!

Sunday was crazy busy; all good stuff, but just too much packed into one day. In the afternoon we went to a concert with wonderful music.

Monday evening was guild night. I love to see my friends, but again, no stitching.

Last night DH, a friend, and I went to the Rush concert. It was somewhat of a stretch for me musically, but I did enjoy the show and the company. No pictures and no stitching!

Because of all this activity, I have no stitching to show, but I hope to fix that tonight. I want to get back to my flower sampler temari.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Temari for Japan Relief

The Talk Temari group is making chrysanthemum (kiku) temari to sent to the JTA in Japan as a token of our concern for the whole country.

We think they will be displayed for some time, and then possibly sold as a fund-raiser for relief. I am so happy to have something concrete to do to help, and to show my concern. I finished this kiku over the weekend.

Side 2:


Side 1:


I am very pleased by the way the colors turned out! I also found the patterns I had picked out for two more of the flowers for my flower sampler temari. I hope to have at least one of those stitched to show you this week.