I finished this one last night, a remake of the one over a week ago. I am extremely pleased with how this one turned out. It is a c8 with additional support lines. I marked the c8 and the first set of additional lines with white cotton, and the second set of supporting lines with gold braid, which effectively outlines the squares. I started stitching the squares 1/2 cm from the corner, which gave me about 7 rows of color. That was still more than the original, last night when I looked I counted 5 rows, but there is still enough room for the lettering.
There are 4 words: Love, Joy, Peace, and Hope, with several blank squares left. The lettering is done with floche thread, a softly twisted cotton thread that is lovely to stitch with. I had the perfect color, an orangy red! The flowers are done in lazy daisy stitch, with pearl cotton.
I have to write the pattern, revise the patterns for 3 other temari, and stitch one more. I think I can make it!
DAMN, DRAT, AND PHLOOEY
14 minutes ago