Friday, December 4, 2009

I is for Igloo

I'm quite sure that this activity has never been done. The reader tends to flip over this page quickly. It involves unpinning a each puzzle piece, which is held in place by a safety pin. DD asked if I was going to modify this page, and I hadn't thought of it, but since then I've been thinking of making small eyelets in the background, and cutting or filing off the sharp points of the pins. That way little fingers could get practice with safety pins without worrying about the sharp points. We shall see if that comes to pass. (I think the bear paw prints at the bottom are cute!)

100_1665

No stitching last night. I was finishing up a Christmas present, and preparing supplies for my temari class on Saturday. I stopped at JoAnn's and picked up fabric for a Cinderella dress (can anyone say wrapped around a little finger?), grey thread to wrap a mari to try the last temari over again, and some interfacing to make a purse organizer. It takes forever to find anything in my purse/bag, and something has to be done about it.

I also had to stop at the grocery store. I can't believe how fast I can spend that much money... over $100 was a fortune when I was a kid, and I can spend it in half an hour! DH and DD have been trying out the new (redeemed w/ credit card points) food processor by making hummus. Their first try was pretty good, now they will be trying variations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never................