Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend

This is the temari ball I had done last week. It is six interlocked squares, the white is DMC perle 5, the black is DMC metallic off a spool, and the base is cone thread. This is the one I think might need a little more detail, but I like it a lot.



The next two pictures are two sides of the same temari. Below is the rose pattern. It covers 1/2 the ball in 2 layers of stitching, which took forever. I wish I had only done 2 layers in each color, because the green ends up too close to the equator.

100_0643

This is the other side of the same Temari. It isn't a wonderful match, one side is too dense, the other is too sparse.

100_0644

We ended up traveling to visit my daughter at a craft show, and seeing grand kids (her niece & nephew) at the same time. This is my daughter's display, and her items are available here. We got some very fine hugs, making the trip worthwhile.

100_0639

I was excited to see real pysanky (Ukrainian Easter Eggs), and I got a couple. I have some wooden ones, painted in the same style, when I traveled to Moscow, but these are real.

100_0649

They look teeny-tiny next to my dressed Ostrich egg, but they can hold their own when it comes to beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such great collections of a variety things. All are lovely. I really like the second temari ball with the shades of blue. Love the Ukranian eggs..thanks for sharing.