Monday, January 23, 2012

TAST week 3

The stitch this past week was feather stitch. There is so much you can do with that one!

I must admit I cheated a little bit, and copied the fish from another participant... I may still add another row. You can see where there are fish started "tessellating" with the other row. I wanted to work the next row with purple pearl, but I didn't have purple #8, only #12, and it wouldn't match. I will look for some purple and add a row if I can find some.

On the right side, you can see a little "picket fence" buttonhole stitch by the flower/eyelet. I do like how that turned out... it is just a couple of stitches of sparkly thread.

The other feather stitch motif is very delicate. It is a combination of feather stitch and french knots that looks like a vine with roses on it.

IMG_1113

There is a little more room in the middle for another variation... I would love to do a simple back and forth stitch with a wider fiber... like a silk ribbon. I'm afraid I am going to have to go on an expedition into my stash room. If I don't come back by tomorrow, send help!

No comments: