Saturday, August 20, 2011

vacation!

Hello, DH has been on vacation this week, so I have been spending my time with him. (He's good company!) Last Tuesday he came along while I went antiquing! I need scads (technical term) of 5/8 inch shank buttons, with a vintage feel, and I thought it would be possible to find them at antique stores... I was right! Not all of them are shank buttons, but I think they will still work.

IMG_0797

We are going for gothic, steampunk, and homespun... but not all at the same time.

(I wonder how those darning cottons got in the picture?)

When I got home I looked in my button jars, and found 40 there as well.

My lacy shawl is coming along. I find I have memorized the pattern! That makes it much easier to keep track of. This morning I knit for 2 hours, and got 12 rows done, so my speed is improving as well.

No comments: