Tuesday, July 12, 2011

G.I.T.S.

My exchange partner received her temari, so now I can share it with you. I was having trouble deciding on a design for this exchange. My partner is such a good temari artist that I wanted to send something worthy (without being too obvious about it... ) and the indecision was paralysing. Finally, when I walked into a needlework shop, I came face to face with a wall of fibers, and I got inspired.

This is stitched with Vineyard Silks. I LOVE this fiber! It stitches like a dream, and there is just enough color difference on the kikus to add depth and interest to the flower.

IMG_0713

I am so glad you liked it J!

The crocheted bag that will be felted, the Springtime Holland Mandala, the small autumn pouch, and the stitch-along temari are all coming along. I will try to share pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Moonsilk Stitches said...

Gorgeous! I was dying to know what you would do with those threads!