Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Temari

On Saturday I taught my first non-beginner class, and I think it was a great success. There were four students, and all four of them made great strides in completing a temari. We studied the Kiku design. I love to look at the colors everyone chooses, and I hope I get the chance to see the finished temari some day.

100_1860

I hadn't planned on stitching, but fortunately, I had an extra mari and my baggie of orts along, and I came up with this:

100_1861

100_1862

100_1863

I am so pleased by how it turned out! I see a whole bunch of threads that need to be adjusted, but I think the colors work really well.

When I opened my e-mail this morning, I saw that a new Thimble picture tutorial was posted this weekend. Every step is included for making a base. Now I just have to get to stitching.

2 comments:

BoogaJ said...

Not sure if I've ever left a comment before, but I wanted to tell you that I love seeing your Temari! So beautiful! I tried making them once long ago and didn't have the patience.

Barb Suess said...

Beautiful temari! Congrats, Jane.
Barb