Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Slow going

I still haven't finished my current temari. I'm working on triangle 13 of 20... at least there is progress. The reason it is taking so long is that every triangle is stitched in a different combination of colors. I pulled 30 colors to start with, that fit the color scheme, but when I'm choosing the colors, I have to pick one for the foreground and one for the background while still considering the neighboring triangles and their colors. I don't want to repeat colors too close to each other, and I want the colors to balance each other. If I have a triangle started (colors picked) I can stitch on it at any time, but if I have to pick new colors it takes longer; and it takes longer yet if I'm tired. So it is very slow going, but I am hoping to get it done by the end of the week.

Glenna shared her Amazing temari wreath. Isn't that cool! She's also the stitcher who created the temari globe, which you can see here. It really amazes me what beautiful things temari can do.

No comments: