I could see it stitched on a c8, but I had an awful time trying to get the squares in the center, the thread bent too much to use a band without a stitch, and having to add a stitch there would not work with the interlacing. I could have gone with a tri-wing, but I decided to add an extra support line for the square. When I did that I saw the design pop out at me, and went with it. (I added an extra band around the square.)
My picture is off by 45 degrees, but I hope you can see the correlation. I have started stitching several times without knowing what was going to turn out, but this is the first time I was trying to stitch with a pattern in mind, and trying to make the thread follow the "vision" I was seeing. I had to take out my first, second, third, and probably 4th tries; luckily the finished stitching covers the green stains from taking the green thread out so many times.
When I was done with the green this temari still felt a little undressed. I could see a pathway for some bands, but I couldn't work out how the weaving would work. I pulled out the quilling paper I have for measuring and pinned it around those pathways, and figured out how to do the weaving.
I'm pretty pleased by how this turned out!
I took another picture of my triangles temari so you could see how the triangles form a star.
I love the colors on this one, but I'm still wondering if there is too much gap between the triangles.
I'm having a very hard time getting used to the time change. I haven't been able to fall asleep at my usual time ("I'm NOT sleepy!"), and then, when I got so tired I could fall asleep on time, I started waking up an hour earlier in the morning! It's a good thing it's been sunny all week, because if I was tired AND depressed because of no sun I would be impossible to live with. One problem at a time, I hope I can deal.