Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flagstaff

Friends of my parents gave them two nights in a time-share in Flagstaff. It was a lovely place, like a condo, 2 bedrooms with king-size beds and private bathrooms, a loft with twin beds and more floor space to crash, and the sofa in the living room that would also convert to a bed. There was a full kitchen (not that we cooked!); washer and dryer; and a hot tub on the balcony. This was the view from the living room windows. This is Mt. Humphrey.

100_0998

Flagstaff had enjoyed 20 inches of snowfall the previous week, but you couldn't tell, and everything seemed very quiet. I think the condo is used quite a bit as a ski lodge, it had that kind of feel to it.

100_0999

We had neglected to bring bathing suits with us, so we had to use the tub in shifts, but we did use it. It helped my sore neck quite a bit.

My dad was quite excited to show me this "mountain." It seems that when we passed through Flagstaff in 1961 my dad and I climbed to the top. The campground at that time was at the base. I can't remember that specific event, even though I have many good memories of that trip.

100_1001

We stayed in Flagstaff for two nights, and drove to and from Grand Canyon.

No comments: