Monday, December 1, 2008

It's December!

It's not that I like winter so much, but I love Christmas, and I have a lot of things to share.

I'm about 1/2 way done with the Advent Calendar from Mary Beale. There are 24 panels that can be used in a myriad of ways, this is the first. They can be stitched as ornaments, all together 4x6 on one piece of fabric, or 5x5 with an extra space for personalization. I've read that one person is putting them together as the pages of a book, or you can make a calendar with each panel being a pocket to hold a button with the date, or a special treat. I'm stitching them on separate pieces of fabric, to keep my options open. I've been working on it for 1 1/2 years already, and it won't be done this year.

Mary Beale Advent Calendar 1

It is stitched on an off-white linen fabric (32 count) with NPI silk floss. I considered stitching it in DMC, but I didn't trust my color skills enough to go with my own conversion; about 6 weeks after I started Mary came out with her own conversion. It's all right though, I love stitching with the silk.

The Thanksgiving holiday was very nice. We watched P & C for one evening without their parents, and they were there the next day as well; I am way out of shape for watching little ones. Staying at home with them is hard work! They did enjoy the playdough for a nice long time on Saturday afternoon.

No comments: