Shepherds were keeping watch over their flocks at night.
This shepherd's robe is really cool. The pattern called for tweeding your thread, combining a bright color with a shade of green; but I was stitching on 22 count, using one thread. What to do? It was sheer luck that it worked out the way it did, but I did 1/2 the cross stitch with the bright color, and the other with the shade of green. The reason I say it was luck, because it turned out that all the bright colors were underneath, and all the green was the top leg, without planning it that way. When you look at it closely it looks like woollen fabric woven with a colored warp and a green weft. Sheer luck!
Here's the Temari I made on Sunday. I'm showing you both sides, because they are different. It is a s16 division; cone thread for the base, DMC perle #5 for the stitching, and DMC spool metallic for the division. The first side showing was done with 4 sets of kiku overlapping, giving the nice chrysanthemum effect. The second side was done with 2 sets of kiku, only overlapping once. The petals look much pointier and the whole effect is much less complex. The color and pattern were inspired by a picture in the Mary Woods Temari book.
I wish my orange and red had been closer in value, I think it would have looked better. I'm excited to try this pattern in many different color combinations.
Because the phone is working.
15 hours ago