And there were shepherds living out in the fields near by.
The bowl/vase I keep my Temari in is overflowing. I will be sending some away to new homes this week.
This is the Temari I finished on Saturday. It is a c10, with cone thread for the base, DMC spool thread for the marking and for additional stitching in the hexagons, and DMC perle #5 for the stitching. There are 12 pentagrams, and 20 hexagrams. You could probably call it a 32 center Temari. I saw the picture in the Japanese book I got, and was able to follow the pattern from the pictures and diagrams. If I had to do something differently, I would make my pentagrams and hexagrams with 4 rounds of stitching instead of 5. Some of the corners are a little squeezed together.
This is close to the arrangement of hexagrams and pentagrams on a soccer ball. I have always looked at soccer balls with interest, but was never able to understand the geometry of it, but I feel like I have a much better understanding now. I could stitch an actual soccer ball now if I wanted to, but do I want to, that is the question. If P were still playing soccer, I would probably have much more of an incentive.
A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT...
15 hours ago