Today’s item is a Hardanger Ring Bearer’s Pillow that I made for my daughter’s wedding. I found a pattern I liked, interlaced hearts in pastel pink and blue. It coordinated very nicely with my daughter's wedding dress, which had light blue embroidered flowers on the front. The finishing touch is the organdy ribbon ruffle around the edge. It really is as sparkly as the picture shows.
They didn't use it for the rings, because 1-year-old P. was carrying it, and they thought it (or any rings that might be attached to it) would probably end up on the floor. It was a beautiful accessory, though.
I will see if I can get pictures of a couple of my other Scandinavian country items, since we seem to be in the region of Norway.
This is a mosaic I made through Mosaic maker. The pictures were chosen by searching Flickr with the answers to the questions listed below, picking a picture from the first page from each search. I did cheat and search again on a couple of the questions. The middle figure is Tarzan's friend Jane, but I like the picture, and the thought: buttoned up on the outside, but not necessarily on the inside.
1. Jane, 2. Krispy Kreme Donuts, 3. Untitled, 4. Untitled, 5. Untitled, 6. Winter afternoon at Mar del Plata, 7. 040621-N-6536T-104, 8. Untitled, 9. Untitled, 10. Lavender Sunset Surprise, 11. 14th August 2007 / Day 226, 12. Charleston Resident, 13. harrisonford002014. Not available15. Not available16. Not available
1. What is your first name? Jane
2. What is your favorite food? chocolate
3. What is your favorite color? Turquoise
4. Favorite drink? Café con leche
5. Favorite dessert? Vanilla buttercream
6. What high school did you go to? Mar del Plata Day School (This isn't a picture of the school, but of the ocean, taken in the winter.
7. Dream vacation? Cruise in South America
8. What you want to be when you grow up?
9. What do you love most in life? My husband Greg (That's not actually us in the silhouette, but you get the idea.)
10. One word to describe you? Needlewoman
11. (added) Second Favorite dessert? Cookies!
12. Your flickr name? Jane from Illinois (I don't know where this picture came from, but I like it.)
13. Who is your celebrity crush?
Thoughts as a Circle
11 hours ago