Monday, August 25, 2008

French "Four Seasons" Sampler

I got this sampler as a kit from The French Needle with the natural linen and big hanks of red and ivory DMC floss. The kit came from France, and the instructions were in French, but with my high school French and the judicious use of a dictionary it was a breeze. The pattern was very nicely formatted and this piece was a real joy to stitch.


seasons

I really like this sampler. Starting in the upper left corner and going clockwise you have "A, B, C, D" and Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. I love trees to begin with, and to have a 4 seasons tree was a treat. The stitching went very quickly as well, without all those pesky color changes. This is another piece destined for my master bedroom, when some day we redecorate. It will fit in perfectly with the "Country French" mood I have in mind.

After our unhappy pet week last week, we took the plunge, and adopted Jake. He's 12/13 weeks old, and very eager to please (for now). Today is his first day home alone while we are both at work all day; I hope things are going okay. (He was an excellent puppy!)





"Threads of Desire" author posted this on her blog, and I decided to play along. I don't have too much blogging history, so feel free to post other memories as well.

So who reads my blog??
1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! And if we've never met in real life, leave me a comment of your favorite post I wrote and why it was your favorite.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually really funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

No comments: