Friday, November 9, 2012

I finished my mittens!

I finished my fair isle mittens, and I am super pleased with how they turned out. They are far from perfect... but I won't bore you with pointing out the flaws. They fit great, and are very nice and warm.

IMG_1948

It took less than one week to make the left mitten, so I know I will be making more.

I gave away a cowl on the weekend, before I got a picture of it... so I can't share with you. I also gave my dad his slippers. I tried felting them on Saturday as well, but the water in the available washer didn't get hot enough. My mom worked on it by adding a kettle of boiling water to the washer, and then dunking the slippers in cold water. They felted up nicely, and I hope they did not get too small. I have another pattern to try if these do not work out. I am still hoping for a picture.

Today was crazy hair day at school. Here's the back of C's head with her pig-tail buns. She looked so cute!

IMG_1947

Check out the new earrings!

IMG_1946

2 comments:

Moonsilk Stitches said...

I may be contacting you for advice. I found a chart for mittens very like yours only it's Dr. Who motifs. There's no actual pattern, though, just the chart. I love your mittens. (And C is just to cute for words!)

Faith... said...

Love the mittens and what a cute little girl!