Monday, October 8, 2012

Guild Show

Sorry to be missing last week. I was a little busy, preparing for and setting up our guild show. It actually went very well.

IMG_1839

This is what it looked like early in the week. I framed 5 items, and collected everything I could think of that we might need in setting up the show; the frames and s-hooks, of course, but also tape, scissors, wire, wire cutters, pens, numbers for the opportunity drawing baskets, picture wire, hammer, screw driver (that one I didn't use), and on and on. I was fretting a little bit, and having trouble sleeping, but everything came together fine.

Here are some additional pictures of our displays:

IMG_1849

IMG_1848

Here are the opportunity drawing baskets. I won one! (I felt so guilty.) I will let you know how those did, I still haven't heard.

IMG_1840

I spent 7 hours at the venue over the 3 days (Friday set-up, Saturday and Sunday, show and tear-down), and I think I sat down for 5 minutes during that whole time. I went to bed at 9 PM last night! I am very proud of our display, and of our guild, though. We do good work!

Our display was in conjunction with one quilt guild, and another guild had a show less than 5 miles away. DH came to both with me on Saturday. (I have said it before, and say it again, he is a keeper.)

We also bought a new washer and dryer on Saturday... that will be delivered on Wednesday. It was a busy day.

As you can see, I found my camera. It had fallen into a knitting bag of a project that was not active. As soon as I picked up that project, I found it. (I knew it would show up!)

1 comment:

Moonsilk Stitches said...

You did an amazing job. With a whole lot more grace than I would have showed! I was so happy to see you won that basket--you deserve it (and I'm sure the kiddos were thrilled to see it!)