Friday, November 4, 2011

Knitty outings


Yesterday, the knitting group I belong to went out for Brunch to a tea room in Crown Point. The food was very good:

IMG_0941

and we had a wonderful time together, but the whole experience was a little disappointing, because the service was... grumpy. We did not feel welcomed at the shop. There are pictures on the flickr site, if you are interested. I didn't post them here, because none of them is very flattering. We were having too much fun.

The rest of the day was very relaxing though, and I got a lot of progress made on the second of the two baby blankets I am trimming for this weekend. I think I may be able to finish them by tomorrow!

IMG_0946

One blue trimmed one, one pink trimmed one. The blue one is done, the pink one is 3/4 done.

There would be no question about finishing it today, except that I am going on another outing. Several guild members are going to the Fine Art of Fiber show at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. Four of us are driving up to the gardens, and plan to spend the afternoon immersed in the fiber arts. I am really looking forward to it! Pictures next time.

No comments: