Friday, October 28, 2011

Odds and Ends

Well, I had hoped to have a little finish to show you today, but it didn't happen. So here is my work in progress. This is the "Paintbox Scarf" that I mentioned a little while back, and this is my progress on it so far. I am really enjoying knitting this. It is not so complicated that I have to have complete silence when I am working on it, but it is involved enough so that it is not boring. I am enjoying the color changes. By the time I get tired of one color, another one starts appearing. I must say, though, I am not crazy about the mustard yellow. (It will change soon enough.)

IMG_0937

This is the other side... don't pay any attention to the edges on the purple section. That is where I started, but the edges are getting better and better as I go along.

IMG_0938

I was given a box full of yarn, all of it wool! There are at least 1/2 a dozen cones like the green (all in guy colors), a couple of cones of boucle, several spools of the white, in 2 and in 3 ply, and 2 spools like the mohair on the left. I have plans for that one!

Any suggestions for what to do with them? They are not soft and cuddly. I think they were originally for weaving. If I cannot think of projects, they will be very gratefully used to wrap temari.

IMG_0939

Thank you Lore (and Jane)!

No comments: