I finished my kumihimo necklace last night, including the assembly! It was a great deal of fun to braid, and I think I only missed one bead. Quite a few of the beads wanted to hide in the center of the braid, but I managed to tease them out, there is just one place there should have been a bead and there isn't...
To add the clasp, you crazy glue the findings on to the end of the braid. I dry fit the ends into the cups, and they fit (barely), but I hadn't realized how difficult it would be to do the same thing with the crazy glue oozing out. I just about glued my finger to the necklace! I still have to do a little trimming (that part is strategically hidden in the picture below) but it is DONE!
There are 12 strands of a chenille yarn and 4 strands of metallic thread with beads. I have another very similar kit (the colors are just a bit different) so you should be seeing that one soon too.
I had hoped to be able to show you my floor doily. I bought 3 skeins of a chunky yarn, and crocheted them up in an afternoon, but needed a little more for the border. So I bought another skein on Wednesday and added that yesterday. I had so much left from that skein that I decided to go for another round on the doily, and only got 1/2 way around, so now I need to buy another skein. I promise this is the last one, though! I think it will turn out pretty cool.