Tuesday, March 22, 2011

That was easy... NOT!

I can't really believe how hard I worked on April's cherry blossom flowers. I did the division first, and tried out 2 or three different ways of stitching the flower, and took them all out, and then I took the division out, because it was too wonky.

I had a picture in my head of what I wanted this to look like, but I could not remember how to do it. I wanted it to match this temari that I stitched a year and 1/2 ago. I couldn't even remember what book the pattern was in. So I pulled out all my temari books, and finally found it in Kii Temari. After I found the pattern, it only took minutes to do the stitching.


Another one of the things that made it difficult was the dark green background. It didn't really look like cherry blossoms until I stitched the embellishments. But after all that redoing and fussing, I like how it turned out.

I am discovering that I have so much invested in this ball already, that each new section I add has to meet a higher standard. Usually if I do not like how a ball turns out I just go on to the next one... but each one of these has to be right! I am afraid the pressure is just going to get higher and higher the more of this one I stitch.


Barb Suess said...

You made it work! Congrats!
I must tell you that I feel the same way about mine. It is getting harder and harder. But I'm loving it more and more. I'm taking a break to stitch some quilts for Japan and will get back to the flowers in a few weeks.

Laura B said...

Beautiful!! I've had to take a rest from mine also, My mojo just isn't working this month.