Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Home again, home again...

I'm back home, and I must say, very happy to be back. I didn't get as much time to stitch as I had hoped, but the meetings went very well, except for an accident to one person, who broke his ankle (badly) playing soccer. He did not speak any English, so I became his translator with the medical community. He decided to go home for treatment and surgery, but it was rather intense until he got home. I was very glad I was able to be a help.

Once I got home, I finished this temari. This first side is the class I taught at guild the week before last. I was in the mood for fall colors. It needs a little grooming yet.

IMG_0156

For the second side I added more guide-lines and stitched the same thing again. It also needs some grooming, but I am pleased with it.

IMG_0155

We stayed at a retreat center last week, and the weather and the grounds were lovely.

IMG_0152

It was a pleasure going out for walks, and we had a bon-fire and s'mores as well.

IMG_0148

Today I am planning on teaching temari to another guild.

Fall has arrived, and we turned on the furnace this morning. All I can say is at least we had a couple of weeks without air conditioning or furnace. The days are already terribly short. I struggle during December and January with how short the days are and how little daylight there is. I have arranged my work days so that I do get to drive home before it gets dark; that helps fight the impression that it is always night during the winter.

No comments: