Thursday, July 22, 2010

The "It's My Birthday" Challenge

The challenge was to pick a temari from Debi's site of a temari that was stitched close to your birthday, and recreate it. I picked this one, labeled 080204 (I think).

I really like the way it turned out, but it would have been better if I had used floss or floche. There are so many intersections that there is quite a build-up of thread on the surface of the ball, and things were not staying as even as they might have. I also ran out of the variegated DMC floss I was using, and went I went to get more of 1345, I could not find it. Either it has been discontinued, or JoAnn's is no longer carrying it. (Every time I have used a skein with less than 30 m on it, I have run out, even though I always have a lot left when I use a regular skein. I cannot figure that out.)

Can anyone see where I changed colors? I thought the color I found was quite a good match.

_0022

The sides of the ball are not as beautiful, but I am still willing to call this one a success.

_0021

1 comment:

Temari Addict Australia said...

What a beauty! I love the colours you've used.
Rebecca from Perth