Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreary Weather

The weather is very dreary today, and was dreary also on Monday and Wednesday. We did have some sun on Tuesday, contrary to what the forecasters were saying, so I have been able to continue stitching on my latest temari. It's taking so long because I am using it for a sample of all the ways you can stitch in a pentagon, to use for my next class when it starts. I have to come up with 12 different patterns/color combinations, and I'm having to scour my books and wrack my brains to come up with that many. I find it easier to play solitaire or play on facebook, which is why this one is taking so long. I only have 4 more faces to go, so I hope to finish tonight. The temari is not turning out beautiful, but it will be interesting.

If you are longing for pictures, there is some wonderful work to look at here. I'm writing the "Show and Tell" posts for my guild, and it is a lot of fun.

We have this trio watching over us at home.

100_1786

From left to right we have Isabella, Diamond, and Ruthie. Isabella and Diamond are sisters, Ruthie is a cousin. Isabella is ready for dance class, while Diamond and Ruthie are dressed for the outside weather we are having. The three of them together are a little disconcerting if you are not expecting their gaze; our dog barked at them the first night they were up there, and he's still giving them a wide berth. You never know what trouble 3 girls can get into (or can get you into, if you are not careful).

1 comment:

MOM said...

So Jake has met his match, eh? A wise thing always to recognize the alpha female in the den LOL