Peg wrote me that she got the Temari I sent her, so I can show it now. I actually got it stitched before I got sick, I just never made it to the post office to send it to her until last week.
This is another of the challenge patterns from the class I recently took with Barb Suess. It has 32 centers: 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons. I was quite please with how even everything turned out using the instructions we received in the class. I was amazed that I could make a 32-center ball by stitching stars in the 12 pentagons, it was like magic!
I used 16 shades of pearl cotton, in both DMC and Anchor brands, and I actually had one or two colors left over. Each color was used twice, on opposite sides of the mari, so you can't see two stars with the same color at the same time. The marking was done with a random green metallic I had in my drawer; I have no idea what brand it is.
I've been poring over one of my Japanese Temari books. It has a section where there are very clear pictures of c8 and c10 maris, marked with extra stitching lines (the division in black and the extra marking lines in red), and then an example of a temari stitched on that marking. There are more than a dozen of each. I'm thinking of making a methodical study of each division, stitching each different marking, following this book. I think it would be quite interesting.
I'm dragging my feet on finishing the stitching on my Chatelaine. I always do this when I near the end of a big project; it's too much like saying good-bye to an old friend. I will get through it, though.
A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT...
15 hours ago