Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sets of Temari

I have two sets of temari to share today. Both sets are the same patterns stitched on different divisions.

This pair is stitched on a 92 and 122 multi-pole respectively. I really liked the 92 center one a lot, until I finished the next one; now it looks clunky next to the delicate 122 centers. I wanted these for reference, so I could visualize the difference between the two divisions.

100_0866

This was a SAL (Stitch-Along) where we stitched a pattern on a c8, and then adapted the same pattern for a c10. (C8 is the square, C10 the pentagon.) I wasn't terribly pleased with the c8, probably because of my stitching, but it is too busy, without a good focal point. So I made my C10 with heftier (wider) bands and left off the final step, and I like it quite a bit more. It is bolder and more simple. We are planning on stitching this pattern on more different divisions as well, so stay tuned.

100_0869

2 comments:

pasaloda said...

Felicidades por estas maravillosas figuras son autenticas obras de arte

pasaloda said...

Gracias,me alegro que te guste mi blog,todo lo mostrado en el lo hemos bordado mi madre y yo.En tu blog ha sido la primera vez que visto temari yo no sé hacer temari me encantaría aprender me parece precioso.Saludos.