Friday, November 21, 2008

Latest Temari

I finished my c10 Temari last night, and I think it turned out beautiful. There are 12 roses on it, and each is surrounded by a pentagram in the same color. The green base is cone thread, the marking is a very fine silk thread (that I don't remember the name of), and the roses are 3 shades of Trebizond silk. It was engrossing to stitch, but I still found myself wanting to hurry up and get it done.

100_0675

Tonight I think I will work on a c8 with just an obi wrapping at each division mark. The one I've been looking at doesn't weave the wraps. I wonder how hard it would be to do that.

4 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

wow - you have really got into this, havent you.

Anonymous said...

It looks like delicate spiderwebs. Beautiful!

Karol said...

I have been enjoying your Temari! This one is just beautiful. This is a technique i have admired for a long time and would love to learn also.

Lelia said...

Goodness Jane : ) Looks excellent! I know nothing of Tamari, but your project is stunning. Love the colors & pattern.