Friday, April 6, 2012

Update on Chemo caps

I finally figured out how to decorate the brim of the chemo caps I have been making. I made a tiny crocheted flower (with about a yard of yarn).


I am using sportweight yarn so they stay little and delicate. Then I layered two flowers, one over the other, on the brim.


I think it turned out very cute! (One of these days I will model one of the hats for you.)

It only takes a couple of minutes to make the flowers, and a couple more to stitch them on, so I should be able to finish these other three with no problems.


This makes 9 hats I have knit! A friend made one other one; we have given away 6, so that is 10 in all, and I think I have 5 more skeins/balls before I have to order more.

I really like making these. They are very portable, fitting into a small tote, and I don't need the pattern, so I can knit anywhere.

Let me know if you need one, I will send it right out.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Very cute, and what a nice ministry.