I am sorry I didn't post week 4 earlier, actually I didn't stitch it until last night. It is a simple row of cretan stitch and I changed the spacing as I went along, in order to accommodate the previous stitching. I used a fine woolen thread.
I also added another example of feather stitch using silk ribbon.
Week 5 was herringbone stitch. You cannot see it very clearly in this picture; I will take a better picture next time I have it out to show some detail. There are 6 passes in the one row of stitching. The stitches are interwoven and layered. Since this is a stitch commonly used on temari, I had a lot of ideas on what to do with it. It, also, is not as even as it could be. The stitches are crammed together. I think it would have looked nicer with a little more room between the stitches, but I am not sure the fabric would not have puckered if I had made the stitches too far apart, so this is a compromise. I used pearl cotton #8 for this stitch.
I will do the stitch this week, and then pack the sampler to take with me on vacation. I can't wait to see what is next.