Monday, January 16, 2012

TAST week 2

The TAST stitch for this past week was the Buttonhole Stitch. I did 4 little samples, one even on top and bottom with a pearl cotton, 2 threads between stitches; one with the legs stepping up and down with a silk floss; one with the header undulating, with another silk floss; and a buttonhole eyelet with pearl cotton #8.

IMG_1107

I think I have to do one more sample, just to balance out what I have here... one horizontal line of stitching sort of wrapping around or framing the eyelet. The challenge will be picking the right color. I am trying to let the fly stitches guide the color selection.

I looked through my metallic/silk drawer, and found a couple of appropriate threads, and through my pearl cotton #8 drawer, and found a couple more. I should be set for threads now.

I really enjoyed working these stitches, and I'm excited to see what the next stitch is. I'm also working on the header, working on pricking my pattern so I can use the powdered charcoal to transfer the lines to the linen. I will try to take pictures of the process. There will be room at the top for the date and some initials too.

No comments: