Finally some stitching! This is my December choice, and I think it does look like a poinsettia. I could possibly squeeze in another round or two to make it a little more robust, but I am pleased with it.
I found the pattern in the Japanese book called Incredible Temari, or Shin Shu. This book also has the pattern I want to use for May, but I think I am going to have to work it out on a simple division before I stitch it here. It is designed for a s6, so I have to see if I can get it to work on a S10, before I try it here on my C10. DD1 was born in May, and we always had lilies of the valley in our yard, so I was really excited when I found this pattern.
I had a little extra time this morning as well, so I started making a mari. I didn't quite finish in the 20 minutes I had, but I got close. Making a mari used to be a much more daunting task, but practice does make a difference. I think I need a little bit bigger mari for the swirl I am contemplating, though.
DAMN, DRAT, AND PHLOOEY
13 minutes ago