Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving day was wonderful!

Our menu was:
Turkey
gravy
Stuffing,
pecan pie
rutabegas (and this ended my responsibility)
Mac and cheese
green bean casserole
cranberry bread pudding
biscuits
candied sweet potatoes
black-eyed peas
2 pumpkin pies, (one with and one without added sugar)
corn casserole (C's homework found out this was the favorite)
Mashed potatoes with and without horseradish
deviled eggs
eggnog (also known as "snowman juice")

I was going to take pictures of the food, but the turkey took an extra hour to cook and we couldn't wait to dig in. I cannot seem to get that right. This year it was an hour late, last year was an hour early, and the year before that it was late too... and the gravy was lumpy. But P summed it up best:

It may not be perfect, but it is Awesome!

Here is the cook "C" and DD1 modeling her new hat:

IMG_0989

(I knit that scarf several years ago.)

Thank you J & C for the most relaxing Thanksgiving day I have had in years. As I said last night C, you can come and cook any time you want to! You are one of the things I am thankful for.

No comments: