I made a temari! It felt like forever since I had made one, in fact, it was a couple of weeks. This was practice for the najiri or interlocked tecnique that we visited on the ustream.tv class last week. The temari I was copying from a Japanese book had 24 squares, this one turns out to have 12 squares and 12 diamonds. I really like the colors, and I got a lot of practice, so this one is a success.
I really like the lines that form the squares on this one, made with 2 colors. I think the combination really gives it some depth.
I promised I would show the finished tulip meadow when I picked up Holland Springtime Mandala again, so here it is. I think it turned out wonderful! I think this is the motif that made me pick this project to stitch now.
As you can see, I could not keep my hands off it, and picked it up again last night. This is how far I got on the "west" onion. This one has a lighthouse, with less confetti stitching than the last section, so it may go faster.
DH and I decided to do some reorganizing in the house. We are going to move his music room to the basement, so there will be room for a group to get together to practice, but that will involve some building. It will also involve quite a bit of upheaval to get things reorganized. I am also planning on changing my stitching room as well. I have located a couple of areas of the house that would work better with shelves up, so I can move patterns and supplies to those locations.
This morning I went out in the yard and worked a while before the promised hot afternoon, and got a blister! I like gardens better on linen and silk!
Cleaning up for Winter aka Not Sewing
12 hours ago