Thursday, May 12, 2011

Back to Holland Springtime Mandala

I am back to being enthralled with this project. I put it down in February, before our vacation trip to Arizona, because I knew I would not have time to dedicate to it, and it was too bulky to take with us on the plane. I haven't picked it up before now, because I knew it would take all my stitching energy once I did, but now I have time to get back to it.

It is not quite confetti stitching. There are usually 4 to 6 stitches together rather than one or two, but it is still quite involved. You can just start to see that this has a house/building on it... but you cannot see what else is in the picture. You will have to wait for that!

IMG_0507

I love stitching with the Needlepoint Inc. silks. They are smooth and soft, but not filament silk, so they do not get caught or snagged on skin that is not perfectly smooth.

I think I will take another picture tomorrow and post it, so you (and I) can see how much progress I make in one day. See you then!

No comments: