Monday, January 10, 2011

Part 1, part 2

I am having so much fun stitching on this project! The center square and the partial stepped outline is part one, so you can see I am almost, but not quite, finished with that part. (There is one more color to be added to the outside border, yet, but I am missing that color. I don't remember where I got my kit [I may have sourced it myself], but I am missing one color, and have one extra color I don't need.) I even did the specialty stitches, 4 Algerian eyelets, and 4 partial Jessicas.

IMG_0293

The tulips and crocuses are the 1st half of part 2. They were very simple to stitch, and went very quickly, but add so much nice color. Of course, there are many, many beads, both in parts 1 and 2, but those will have to wait until the end.

The second 1/2 of part two is 24 small windmills, with beads for the vanes, 6 on the outside of each side of the square. They are only a couple of stitches each, so should go quickly.

I had a panicky moment when I was looking for parts 8-12 of this pattern. The pattern is delivered through the Internet, and I found part 10, but it was protected by a password, and I didn't see the other parts I needed. I was afraid I was going to have to re-purchase the pattern from the designer, since she has a policy of not providing passwords to anyone who has lost them (understandable, since she had been spending hours fielding requests from people). I was very grateful I found the missing pieces, in the folder they should have been in, just in a wrong order. I am all set!

2 comments:

BarbSuess said...

Love the colors and the design. Would make a nice temari, Jane. Go for it!

Beth said...

That is going to be just beautiful, actually, it already is!! Glad you found your missing pieces.