Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Some shopping and some stitching

Earlier I saw a couple of stitched fabric purses on Contemporary Embroidery's Etsy shop, and one of them made my heart go pitty-pat, so I went for it. Isn't this beautiful?

IMG_0005

The fabric is silk (!) and the flowers are made up of French knots. It is very beautiful, but I'm not sure I am going to use it because I'm afraid of spoiling it. If I put coins in it, the inside will get very dirty, and I don't want that to happen, but I would love to have it with me all the time. We shall see what happens.

After I finished my last temari I picked up the thimble I had been stitching on, and finished that too. The base is from Chloe Patricia, and it will be a pin-cushion, when I find the small pre-finished cushion that came with the kit. I like the colors and the way it turned out.

IMG_0003

I need to get back into making these, it is so satisfying to finish something so beautiful in just a little bit of time.

1 comment:

Moonsilk Stitches said...

That purse is gorgeous--I hope to see it in person. (I'll be the one green with envy if you're looking for me tonight!). Nice pincusion, too. I'm ready to do another, I think.