Monday, December 21, 2009

W is for Wings

This page is not very dramatic. The wings move up and down a little bit. This is one of the last pages I made, and by this time I was flying (wings... get it?).

100_1682

I was going to copy the temari I posted on December 14, so I could give one away. I sat down to mark a c8 division, but I got distracted and marked a c10 instead. So, after the pins were in I didn't want to undo all my work, and I decided to make a companion ball instead of a copy. This is made with the thread challenge threads we received. I should have made the kiku stitches for the stars inside the points of the neighboring stars instead of around them. This gives a knob at the tips of the stars instead of a nice sharp point. I don't mind the way it looks, it's just not what I was expecting. I do like, very much, the way the star and the pentagon weave around each other.

100_1723

Thank you for commenting on the Q is for Quilt post. I will be sending out temari to everyone who responded. Chloe Patricia, please send me your address to jcompeau at gmail dot com. I know where to find everyone else!

No comments: