Thursday, August 6, 2009

Redwork

My daughter is fulfilling an ambition she's had since high school. There is a pottery studio near her home, and she has been taking classes. This pitcher is from the second class she has taken, where they have learned to make a tea-pot. I love her workmanship and the colors she has chosen. I know a lot of glazing is experimentation, because you can't see the colors beforehand, but she does have an eye for color and for what will go together.

100_1447

I have a small bowl in use for our daily vitamin packets, and one for the doggy treats. I have received a couple of bowls as gifts, but not the two I am using (yet), but I think possession is 9/10ths of the law; they're mine, all mine!

100_1448

I made this red-work pillow several years ago. I really enjoy doing red-work. It's the type of stitching you do on dish towels, and was the first embroidery I learned. This piece is sweet pea flowers over a white-on-white background of the fruit of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-Control. I love the subtlety of the design, the same kind of subtlety the fruits display as they develop in your life. People may not realize what is happening to you, but as you grow and mature the Spirit of God in your life will show up in the way you deal with the people around you. I hope those fruits are becoming more evident in my life too.

No comments: