This is the #1 challenge from my Temari class. I really like how this one turned out, even though it's not exactly like the pattern. There are 32 centers, the temari is marked with #8 pearl in black (so I could see it to stitch, but it doesn't show) and the stitching is also with #8 pearl. It took most of a 5 g ball. For a while, I didn't think I was going to have enough thread.
This pattern was originally a study on the Tiffany ball that drops on New Year's Eve. My study has black seams between the pentagons and hexagons, the white thread is DMC "metallic" and it was just right.
We are having company!
I went to a class today to learn features of my "new" sewing machine. I had to take a day off work, but I think it was really worth it, I learned quite a bit. The class was at Fabric Etc.
The Need for Space
5 hours ago