Friday, March 6, 2009

Thank you!

I received my "Pay It Forward" gift from Lisa. It is a mounted embroidery, done in beautiful variegated threads. Thank you so much Lisa, I will really enjoy it!

100_0852


I don't know if you can say I finished, but I am done with this temari. It was a SAL on TalkTemari on how to stitch a yubiniki. The method of stitching is how Japanese stitchers make their own thimbles, but this one was enlarged to fit around the middle of a temari. This type of pattern will take a lot more practice before it looks wonderful! It's acceptable for a first try, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

100_0851


Shortly after I got the quilt I talked about yesterday I met and married DH, and started a family, and got a dog, and bought a house, and etc. I didn't see my grandma for several years, but she was very good about keeping in touch. After my second daughter was born I invited her to come and visit us, stay for a week, and get to know my husband. She jumped at the chance. She arranged her ride from Iowa with friends, and arrived bright and cheery. She was at loose ends for the first day or two, but when I suggested she make me an afghan, she jumped at the chance, and got busy on it right away.

100_0853

We had a lovely visit. She fell in love with my 3-year-old (who loved her back, of course) and she finished the afghan before she had to leave at the end of the week. I think I had to weave in a couple of the yarn ends after she left, but she completed it.

You can see we were still not able to avoid the earth-tones (by this time it was the mid 80s) but it was a cool pattern, and it still gets pulled out when someone needs some comforting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this temari...It's beautiful and the colors are gorgeous. The afghan is lovely also, I have one similar.