Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More from the jar

I felt bad on Monday because I could not find the website of the piece I showed, so I've been poking around trying to find it, and there it was, in my favorites: http://www.i-bead.com/ Today's entry is from the same company, a little thimble holder in the shape of a bumble bee. The head comes off, and there is a little space inside.


100_0879

The main thing I would like to do to improve this item is to stiffen the wings some more. I had dipped them in Future floor wax (it's acrylic) once already, but the wings tend to droop over the body. Hopefully, if I dipped them again, they would get more rigid.

I have at least one more kit, and possibly two from that company. That is another reason I don't feel the need to go to the Bead and Button show this summer, I still have loot from the last time I went.

No comments: