Friday, October 3, 2008

Catching up

I got two responses about the label of the shawl, one saw what I see, and one what R. always saw, an elephant. I think it is a graphic of two sheep, a mom and a baby, nuzzling their noses together, and DH saw that as well. So I'm still wondering who is seeing things correctly. It's a fun conversation piece, though.

Leila asked what books I got. I got Pretty Little Pin Cushions and Stumpwork Embroidery and I've been feasting my eyes on them ever since. The PLPC book has the eyeball pin cushions that Marj has been making plus many others.

Tumbleweed recommended that I not dry clean my shawl. So far I have been careful and there are no spots or stains on it. After living in Argentina for several years and taking care of woollens there, my mom and I usually hand wash wool with a mild detergent, however, with this shawl I would worry about the colors running. Hopefully it will not be necessary.

No comments: